I’m still sick. Can you believe it? It has been 11 straight days of lozenges, cough syrup and, now, antibiotics. In fact, the cough got so bad that I tore one of my intercostal muscles and ended up in A&E. True story.
Also FYI: tearing an intercostal muscle hurts like a bitch. Especially when you’re not over your cough yet and breathing deep feels like being stabbed in the chest. You can’t lie down comfortably, you can’t sleep well and let’s not even get started on sneezing. I feel a bit like a Sim with a sadistic creator.
Anyway, so I’ve been stuck indoors for 11 days. It’s amazing how quickly you forget even just what day of the week it is. On the plus side, I’ve done a fair amount of reading, writing and browsing the internet these past 11 days. Having a laptop means I can do all this in bed, with a cold compress on my forehead and a hot water bottle at my feet. It also means I have a whole bunch of links for you all to enjoy.
- I love this so very, very much. An open letter to the women telling me there is something wrong with me because I’m not married.
- Brienne Walsh also writes about the Confession App for iPhone. Hilarity ensues.
- Dooce is excited about the new Radiohead album and, to be honest, so am I!
- Sal blogs about 1,001 uses for fashion tape.
- The inimitable Sarah Von over at Yes and Yes has just opened the Yes and Yes Forum, which is something you should check out.
- Caroline Muscat blogs about the alliance between the Maltese and Libyan governments and why it is shameful that Gaddafi’s track record of human rights abuses has been ignored for so long.
- On Murphy’s Law and its progeny.
- You should really check out La Poubelle Verte, a new blog which talks eco-friendly fashion & living.
The opening ‘scene’ to this is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. Ever.